What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

98% charge??

gray_mouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad is new, well mom bought it september, and I only opened the box a week ago. I put it to charge over night, and in the morning it says 98%. I have to replug it and let it charge more for it to say 100%.

I'm thinking its because it turns off once it reaches 100 and 2% are drawn on standby.

But u know it never hurts to ask. Plz report ur experiencez.

Edit... Also how long it suppose to charge from 50% till full?
How long battery lasts until replacement is needed?

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad is new, well mom bought it september, and I only opened the box a week ago. I put it to charge over night, and in the morning it says 98%. I have to replug it and let it charge more for it to say 100%.

I'm thinking its because it turns off once it reaches 100 and 2% are drawn on standby.

But u know it never hurts to ask. Plz report ur experiencez.

Don't worry about this - it's completely normal. The iPad has a very 'intelligent' charging system so it doesn't always try to recharge the battery if the percentage (%) drops just a little. If you're interested in the technical detail of charging the iPad battery, just let me know and I can send you some details. But, if you're not, don't worry - everything is fine. All iPads do this.

Have fun...

Tim
Scotland

mikeos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah it should be fine. My MacBook does it too. It always stays at 99%
more worrying it the fact you've had an iPad for 4 months and only just took it out of the box! What have you been doing? Lol

Rgsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK I have to ask the obvious question. You got the iPad in September and only just now opened the box???? You must have some willpower!

gatecitycanes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK I have to ask the obvious question. You got the iPad in September and only just now opened the box???? You must have some willpower!

He's that rich Russian dude from DirecTV. iPads are pretty tame compared to mini-giraffes.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I never noticed that!! Perhaps his mother put it on one side for his birthday?

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions