What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dropbox - Word and Excel files

alancal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have several Word or Excel files in Dropbox. When I access them on the iPad, I cannot make changes to them unless I open them in Numbers or Pages. However after making the changes, there appears to be no way of sending them back into Dropbox. Can someone help please?

ziffos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get yourself the app called CloudOn - it's free and allows for editing, creating etc and syncs beautifully with Dropbox.

OP
A

alancal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ziffos said:
Get yourself the app called CloudOn - it's free and allows for editing, creating etc and syncs beautifully with Dropbox.

Hi Ziffos, unfortunately Cloudon does not appear to be available in the South African region!

susanlackey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ziffos said:

Oh my gosh, I was just frustrated today because I wanted to update my resume that is in Dropbox and attach it in an email and could not do it from my iPad. This app is perfect, thank you so much for sharing.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

mrjayviper

iPF Noob
Reaction score

thanks for the tip. hopefully it's available on the australian store so I don't have to buy another US iTunes card just to access the US store.

ziffos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Ziffos, unfortunately Cloudon does not appear to be available in the South African region!

I am so sorry it is not available on South African Region - how about changing your Region iTunes Store to another (look for advice how to do this on the forum).

@susanlackey - glad it works for you
@mrjayviper - hope you found its available in your "Aussie" store

theTimo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cloudon seems handy. Does it store the files locally at all? I think it views the files online, the screen seems to lag so much.

What could be the best free app to handle Office files locally?

The 50 GB storage of Box solves my cloud problems for now, anyway...

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
theTimo said:
What could be the best free app to handle Office files locally?

I have not come across a decent FREE app to deal with Office files. The old adage, "you get what you pay for" certainly applies here. I use Quickoffice Pro and it is excellent with Dropbox files.

Most reactions

Latest posts