1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Dropbox Quits

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by Asharp, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Asharp

Asharp iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0
    I can no longer use Dropbox on my iPad 2: I installed an app and tried to link it tomy account. After several failed attempts, it worked, but then when I try to open Dropbox, it quits before opening.

I have tried to do the following things, but none of them work:
    Deleting the offending app and going to the Dropbox website and uninstalling the link.
    Closing the app in the multitasking menu bar
    Pressing the Sleep/wake button until the red slider appears to turn the iPad off and then restarting it
    Pressing the SleepWake and Home buttons at the same time until the silver apple logo appears
  2. Asharp

Asharp iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0
    I found the answer to my problem by going on the Net. I found someone with my identical problem and the solution.

In case anyone has this problem: My problem would be more accurately described as "a failure to launch" and the solution was to delete the Dropbox app from my iPad and downloading it again from the App Store. The solution worked like a charm and all my files were intact.

I did backup all my Dropbox files on laptop by putting all the folders in one master folder and selecting "Duplicate" and then offloading the duplicate of the master folder from my Dropbox folder onto my MacBook Pro.

I am not installing Educreations Interactive Whiteboard onto my iPad again.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,732 / 0
    Thanks for sharing your solution to your problem. If anyone else has this issue - I am sure they will be glad to find your tip.

And - glad you got it sorted for yourself, too! :)

Marilyn
  4. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +785 / 0
    Well, I was about to make that suggestion (just did it myself w/ another app) but you figured out the solution - congrats! :)

BTW, like your avatar, a R.C. Gorman print I presume? My wife and I have collected a LOT of art over the years including a lot of American southwestern prints - looked at but never bought a print by Gorman, but they are beautiful!
  5. Asharp

Asharp iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0
    Thank you, Marilyn! :)
  6. Asharp

Asharp iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0
    Thank you, Giradman.

When I was in New Mexico a few years back, I visited Gorman's gallery in Taos. I love his use of color.

You're one of the first members to welcome me to this forum. Thank you again for that welcome too!