1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Drawing Tools App?

Discussion in 'Productivity Apps Forum' started by Tuttle, May 26, 2012.

1. Tuttle

Tuttle iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    I am looking for an app that allows me to make quick and simple sketches of two-D figures with such things as straight lines, arrows, rectangles, etc, with an extremely simpe interface. I think it probably should be a vector graphics app, but most of the ones I have seen (and I have several) are too compex for what I have in mind. I just want to make simple sketches to support handwritten notes.

Note Taker HD has such tools, but its zoom window can't be repositioned to my satisfaction. Notability is a good note taking app (as are several others) but its graphic tools aren't very good.

Can anyone make a recommendation? I have tried a lot of note taking apps, as well as several vector graphics apps.

Thanks.
  2. Layth

Layth iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Normally I would recommend TouchDraw, but if you want the app to support handwriting too then I would recommend iDraw. They're both vector based apps and similar in a lot of ways. Both apps have a pen like tool that you can use for writing. For writing purposes neither app will give you handwriting that's as good as a good dedicated handwriting app.

I guess you would have to pick and choose your battle. Handwriting vs drawing.
  3. Tuttle

Tuttle iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Thanks. I just bought inkpad. It seems to do what I need!

Anyone else used it?
  4. Tinsleyneil

Tinsleyneil iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Inkpad is a useful app for drawing purpose.