What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drain and Then Re-Charge Battery?

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Your making me feel bad Tim.
Did it the first month with the iPad1 when I bought it and never done it since on any of our pads. Haven't noticed any weakening of the batteries so far.

Since I'll be upgrading whenever the next version is released it hopefully shouldn't matter........fingers crossed......

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To be honest, I've never done it either. What's that saying - "The cobbler's children are the worst shod" - that's me, a lifetime in electronics and computing and my house wiring would get me drummed out of the IEE and IEEE. But I guess we could say we know what the dangers are...:(

Tim

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lol consenting adults.

Btw your photo looks as if you've lost weight since the previous one.....

accessoriesguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.cellularfactory.com
All rechargeable batteries need to be cycled. If you keep them plugged in, the battery wont last as long. Like the link states its good to let the battery almost dry and recharging once a month, if it doesn't happen already, for the battery to work properly. You don't have to let it die completely just enough for it to reach a low percentage.

Its completely normal.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Apples recommendation has nothing to do with preserving the battery's life expectancy. It only helps the iPad calibrate the battery's remaining charge percentage calculation.

Given the nature of the newest generation lithium-ion batteries, and the expected usable life of mobile devices, worrying about when and how much to charge the battery is not worth the headache.

Barring outright battery failures (which do happen), your iPad will most likely still have 80% of it's battery capacity (or more) after two years of use. And that's if you use it a lot, like almost a full discharge every day.

Most reactions

Latest posts