What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Download iPad User Guide

healer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I supposed I had download the iPad User Guide from the App Store to iBook. However I can't find it.

When I try to download the user guide again I can't find it at the App Store. I even try to search for it. It is not there.dd

Is it right that once an app is downloaded to an iPad, I will never see the same app again in the App Store on the same iPad?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
healer said:
I supposed I had download the iPad User Guide from the App Store to iBook. However I can't find it.

When I try to download the user guide again I can't find it at the App Store. I even try to search for it. It is not there.dd

Is it right that once an app is downloaded to an iPad, I will never see the same app again in the App Store on the same iPad?

Here is a link to the Manuals......press on the one you want, once loaded you will have an Open In option (top right) if you can't see the option just tap in the corner and it will appear.....you should get the iBooks option here

http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/

All apps will still be listed in the App Store regardless of whether you already have it.....it will normally just say Installed instead of the price or Free

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This might be the source of your confusion.

On the computer iTunes is every store and player. On the iPad they are all separate. You will not see Books in the App Store app (well, only audio books). You need to open the iBooks app and go to the Store from there.

Anyway, the below link should open iBooks and take you to the latest version of the manual in the iBooks Store (if you are on the iPad).

https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/ipad-user-guide-for-ios-6/id574510904?mt=11

OP
H

healer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here is a link to the Manuals.....
Apple - Support - Manuals

All apps will still be listed in the App Store regardless of whether you already have it.

I am trying right now this link Apple - Support - Manuals and downloading the manual iPad User Guide (For iOS 5.1 Software). It is already 15 minutes passed, the manual is still not opened. I do the same on my Windows 7 system sitting next to the iPad and it opens in an instant.

I've just tried the App Store and I even searched for iPad User Guide, nothing showed up. I remember I saw it on the first page by default.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am trying right now this link Apple - Support - Manuals and downloading the manual iPad User Guide (For iOS 5.1 Software). It is already 15 minutes passed, the manual is still not opened. I do the same on my Windows 7 system sitting next to the iPad and it opens in an instant.

I've just tried the App Store and I even searched for iPad User Guide, nothing showed up. I remember I saw it on the first page by default.

I just posted the link to your other thread, healer.

Here it is again...http://itunes.apple.com/sg/book/ipad-user-guide-for-ios-5.1/id509611900?mt=11]iTunes

Once it's done loading you can open it in iBooks.

OP
H

healer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You need to open the iBooks app and go to the Store from there.

You are right. I've downloaded both for iOS 5.1 and iOS 6. It is so much faster than trying to download from Safari. Safari is still trying to open the manual for iOS 5.1 at this point in time.

By the way, are you saying all the books in App Store are audio books?

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Glad it worked.

The manual downloading in Safari will be the PDF version. This is quite a bit larger than the ePub version in the iBooks Store. Unless you want it, just close the tab in Safari.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hard to say, but my (and probably your) link is to the US store. Healer is in Australia. Might be our links won't work in the Australian iBooks store.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hard to say, but my (and probably your) link is to the US store. Healer is in Australia. Might be our links won't work in the Australian iBooks store.

That makes more sense than, Twerppoet-wasn't certain what was happening with the link and the download time.

Thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It was just a guess. But an iBooks (or any iStore) link shouldn't stay in Safari for more than a couple seconds unless something goes wrong. I tested my link from the iPF app. It didn't even go to Safari, just opened iBooks (a flash of bookshelf) then the Store, and several seconds later the book's details.

That's why I assumed (erroneously) that your link was to the PDF manual. Sorry. I got it confused with Leelai's link, and thought Healer choose the PDF download from there. That can take several minutes on a slow connection.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It was just a guess. But an iBooks (or any iStore) link shouldn't stay in Safari for more than a couple seconds unless something goes wrong. I tested my link from the iPF app. It didn't even go to Safari, just opened iBooks (a flash of bookshelf) then the Store, and several seconds later the book's details.

That's why I assumed (erroneously) that your link was to the PDF manual. Sorry. I got it confused with Leelai's link, and thought Healer choose the PDF download from there. That can take several minutes on a slow connection.

Oh no problem. It was hard, because the same question was being asked in 2 different threads which was making it even more confusing! ;) ...but now he has the iBook manual so it all worked out!

OP
H

healer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I don't mean to confuse everyone. Sometimes I am concerned I am asking too many things on one thread so I try to separate them. Then somehow it diverts and reverts back to each other or one another.

I didn't specifically choose PDF manual. I just followed the link and clicked on the appropriate manual I want on the same page. I didn't even check what format the manual was

Most reactions

Latest posts