What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downgrading firmware 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 without SHSH?

ocdetails

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Grrrr.... this isn't the news I wanted. My lovely iPad was dropped and the screen cracked. I took it back to Best Buy and used my extended warranty I bought to get it replaced. They no longer have the original iPad and they said I could only exchange it for the iPad2. NOT what I wanted. All my docks and cases and stuff are for the iPad. Grrr...

Anyway, being the lover of the jailbreak that I am, I have been trying all day to get it to work. So what I'm seeing here is that because it is an iPad2 and because it came with 4.3.5 on it, then I am basically screwed and there is no point in even trying any longer? I've got my other iPad that I have the shsh blobs saved with tinyumbrella, but I guess I'm reading that doesn't help.

So how long before I can jailbreak this puppy? It is so worthless to me unless I can get it back to the wonderfulness it was before. I hate being limited by the stupid apple programmers. I want my vertical scrolling back and my extended dock and everything else wonderful about what I got done from Cydia.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, you are out of luck, and there is no telling for how long. All you can do is stay tuned and have patience. I wouldn't expect it too soon though... Sorry.

sanketkhanwani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Yes, you are out of luck, and there is no telling for how long. All you can do is stay tuned and have patience. I wouldn't expect it too soon though... Sorry.

Think cydia gets an update every 2 months

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it's really about hoping for iOS 5 to release ASAP. There will be the thrill of the new system and the chance for a new jailbreak.

sanketkhanwani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
guthrien said:
I think it's really about hoping for iOS 5 to release ASAP. There will be the thrill of the new system and the chance for a new jailbreak.

So is it better to upgrade to iOS 5 beta right now

Sent from my iPad using iPF

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can buy a dev license for a quite reasonable price, surprisingly. But no, I was suggesting you hang tight, iOS 5 will likely be here within 2+ months.

Ruthie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mm that was a lovely glass of wine!!

I thought it was possible to jailbreak 4.3.5 but it would be tethered rather than untethered!

ocdetails

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a personal choice though. Stay on 4.3.5 in hopes for a jailbreak, or upgrade to iOS 5 and get all the new features.

Unless those 'new features' include Cydia, I'm not interested. I should have let them exchange my ipad 1 for a Xoom... At least with that I would have been rooted and running free by now.

Most reactions

Latest posts