What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SHSH Blobs

jgelety

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so I want to downgrade my iOS from 6.1.3 to 6.1.2. I know what needs to be done. But one of the requirements is SHSH blobs. I'm not sure where to get them. I was under the impression the blobs were device specific. My issue is that my iPad came with 6.1.3 so I've never had it or saved anything with any other version before. Am I screwed or is there a way to get the blobs I need still?

iPad 3 iOS 6.1.3
iPhone 4S iOS 6.1.1 - jailbroke

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok so I want to downgrade my iOS from 6.1.3 to 6.1.2. I know what needs to be done. But one of the requirements is SHSH blobs. I'm not sure where to get them. I was under the impression the blobs were device specific. My issue is that my iPad came with 6.1.3 so I've never had it or saved anything with any other version before. Am I screwed or is there a way to get the blobs I need still? iPad 3 iOS 6.1.3 iPhone 4S iOS 6.1.1 - jailbroke
I'm afraid that you can't downgrade your iOS. Regardless of which device you have, you can't downgrade to a version of iOS that Pre-dates the one it left the factory with.

As to getting blobs, they can only be saved while Apple is signing that particular iOS. Blobs are device specific and can't be shared between devices.

If your intention was to jailbreak your iPad, you'll have to wait until an iOS 7 jailbreak is released.

OP
jgelety

jgelety

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's what I figured. Thank you for the quick response.

Most reactions

Latest posts