What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dont miss out on these FREE apps! pages, numbers, garage band, iMovie, iPhoto, Keynot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do not understand thus thread ,when I look they are all free anyways

What am I missing.
When I bought my new ipad last week it was updated from the iCloud .
After reading this thread I went to the App Store and all those apps are free so what is everyone talking about.
Thanks

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What am I missing. When I bought my new ipad last week it was updated from the iCloud . After reading this thread I went to the App Store and all those apps are free so what is everyone talking about. Thanks

Those free apps weren't showing for Free for some who set up their new iPad Air with a backup from their other devices.

They may have fixed this issue now.......mine were showing free as soon as I set up my Air, but then I didn't use a backup.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Those free apps weren't showing for Free for some who set up their new iPad Air with a backup from their other devices.

They may have fixed this issue now.......mine were showing free as soon as I set up my Air, but then I didn't use a backup.
I don't have an iPad Air or the retina mini, but I do have an iPhone 5S, which I set up from the backup of my iPhone 5. This did not affect the offer of the free apps at all. Maybe the problem was an iPad only thing?

Last edited:

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Plus, if you are using an older device these are not free - unless you have a newer iDevice that qualifies - then you can get the apps on your older devices free. For me with my iPad 3rd gen and 4S I had to pay for Garage Band (but VERY worth it)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Interestingly enough, I still have access to the Numbers and Keynote which I didn't buy. I only purchased Pages for both my iPad2 and my Mac. Last April, I received an invitation to try out Numbers and Keynote via iCloud. I just checked and I still have access to it. I can still share my work with others if they would like to view. I believe also they can edit, but I am not for certain. Just wondering though how long these beta trials will last on iCloud and whether everybody who accesses their iCloud account has these iWork apps also?

Last edited:

khidhir86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have an iPad Air or the retina mini, but I do have an iPhone 5S, which I set up from the backup of my iPhone 5. This did not affect the offer of the free apps at all. Maybe the problem was an iPad only thing?

Im already follow the instruction. But i still can get the free one. Its still appear that i need to pay $4.99. Arghh. Such a wasting time.

Cooltouch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im already follow the instruction. But i still can get the free one. Its still appear that i need to pay $4.99. Arghh. Such a wasting time.

Are you talking about the GarageBand update? I bought my Air a couple months ago and was able to d/l the free apps, including GarageBand, but once I was "in" GarageBand I got the message about upgrading to the full package for five bucks, so I did just because it was so cheap. And it was worth it.

Previous to purchasing my iPad Air, I have owned an iPod 4g, which I d/l'd some other free stuff to. Like IK Multimedia's Amplitube. I also bought a Digitech iStomp stomp box, which had gone on sale for cheap. Digitech was offering all their downloadable effects for the iStomp for free -- about ten of them iirc -- so I jumped on the deal, d/l'd all of them to my iPod. When I bought my Air, and being new to the whole iCloud thing, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the IKM and Digitech stuff were all available to d/l to it. So I did. Cool.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Please be aware you are posting in a thread that is old and in this case 5 months since last post. To make life easy I am closing this thread . Please create a new thread to discuss any new issues that you may have...

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts