What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Help a Newbie! Setup of 2nd Ipad...

wvkawboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! I am a total Apple newbie who has owned my Ipad3 since it came out, bought at an Apple Store while traveling & the tech set it up for me there. I have not installed iTunes on my PC yet but have only used my Ipad3 for general surfing & downloaded a bunch of free apps directly to my Ipad3 & purchased a few also. Our kids have ordered an Ipad2 for my wife (birthday) & it should be here anytime. We want to set up her Ipad2 to "share" my Apple ID so that we can share purchased apps & so forth but have her own e-mail setup on her Ipad2.

If I understand correctly, there are 3 ways for a new setup?

1- Setup as New Ipad?
2- Setup as Restore from iCloud Backup?
3- Setup as Restore from iTunes?

I have no idea really how mine is setup because the tech hurried through it. Can someone explain the steps to me in Newbie-Language :eek: how we need to set hers up so that I guess we share the same Apple ID for apps but her e-mail on her Ipad2 is her own e-mail not mine?

Thanks in advance! :thumbs:

I have sipped of the Apple juice... & am now ready to take a bigger gulp! :D

Rgsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since you have not installed iTunes on your PC I would install iTunes and set it up as a new iPad and give it a name. Before you sync your iPad select the option to transfer all purchases. Once your wife gets hers she would sign in to the same iTunes account and set hers up as a new iPad also and give hers a different name. Both your iPads will then show up in iTunes and you will then both share all apps downloaded to that iTunes account when you sync. You will also have the option to customize what each iPad will share in regards to apps, music, photos, etc.

As for email, I assume your wife has her own email account. Just go into email setup in utilities and add that account in your wife's iPad. She will then receive only email to that account. You both can also set up both your email accounts in both iPads which would allow you to see each others email.

OP
W

wvkawboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With things being busy right at the moment & I might not have the time to setup itunes for a bit... Can we set her Ipad2 up using the wifi & using my Apple ID just to get her up & running? And then later sometime sit down & do the whole itunes thing? Plus... I know NOTHING about installing & setting up itunes... Like I said before, the tech setup my Ipad3 in the store. Thanks..

Most reactions

Latest posts