What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Astronomy App Sky Guide can be Downloaded for Free via the Apple Store app for a Limited Time

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
sky guide free.png

‘Sky Guide’ is an award-winning astronomy app and also very popular among iPhone and iPad users. As it turns out, the app is free right now within the Apple Store app, down from its usual price of $1.99. We don't know for how long this promotion will last, so if you're passionate about astronomy, you need to get it as soon as possible.

While the app is free, it isn't available on iTunes but through the official Apple Store app. Thus, in order to download it, you will first need to get the Apple Store app on your iPhone or iPad. After that, you need to open the app and select the Stores section near the bottom of the home page. Scroll down a little bit to the first section, and then swipe right twice.

That's where you’ll see the offer to download the regularly $1.99 title for free. If you open the Apple Store app on your iPad, just select the Stores tab, and then tap the section named “Learn your night sky.” What's really cool is that the app also comes with Apple Watch support, and you will be able to use it to see a calendar of upcoming astronomical events.

After you will have downloaded the app, you just need to hold your iPhone or iPad to the sky to automatically find stars, constellations, planets, satellites and more. It comes with many other interesting features that you will discover after getting it for free.

Source: Apple

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe it's not free in all countries? Are you using the Apple Store app and following the directions? I checked in the Apple Store app on my iPhone and found it. Here's a screenshot.
image.jpg

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
image.jpg It's not available in Austria
image.jpg

But it's in the US Apple Store app:
image.jpg

It's NOT in the App Store app, but in the Apple Store app.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Posted the Austrian picture twice. I hope it's not too confusing. Sorry!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think so. The U.S. app of the week usually changes late on Thursday.
There's no app of the week in the Apple Store app. As Johanna said, look in the Apple Store app in the stores section. You'll find it on the bottom of the second page.

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My Apple Store app seems to only sell hardware has a section for eac device. No second page that I can see. Let's me make appointments, find classes. image.jpg

DrumsOfGrohl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sweet Thanks! I've been using Star Walk since I bought it 5 years ago (or so) and I've liked it, but I'll have to wait till tonight to see what kind of differences there are.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for info. A bit fiddly to find the download, but got there in the end. I tried the 'app store', rather than the 'apple store'! Noted mention of offer being available until 30 June, so the UK link said.

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Okay got it, the instructions on the cover page here helped. Looks like a neat app.

Most reactions

Latest posts