What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't Like iOS 8? Here's How to Go Back to iOS 7.1.2 While you Still Can

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
iOS-8-vs-iOS-7-1024x904.jpg

Apple's latest software version for its iPhones and iPads comes with a lot of new useful features, but this doesn't mean everybody has to love it. So if you want to downgrade from iOS 8 to a previous version, here's how you can do so in five easy steps:

Step 1: Download the iOS 7.1.2 firmware for your device

Step 2: Turn off Find My iPhone on your device if you have it enabled. Then, go to Settings → iCloud, and disable the Find My iPhone switch.

Step 3: Connect your device to a Mac with iTunes installed.

Step 4: Open the device page on iTunes, and hold the Option key while clicking the Restore button. Find the IPSW firmware file that you downloaded in Step 1, select it, and click Open.

Step 5
: A pop-up box will warn you that the restore will delete all data from the device. If you are okay with the restore, click the Restore button. Wait until your device restores, and enjoy your iOS 7.1.2 firmware.

According to the iDownloadBlog publication, this will be valid for a limited amount of time, as at any point in the future, Apple will stop signing iOS 7.1.2, which means users won't be able to downgrade. Let us know below if you dislike iOS 8 and you want to go back and explain why.

Source: iDownloadBlog

IslandMonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iOS8 on my iPad2 has made my wifi spotty at best. Before, my wifi was seamless, now it drops the signal, and I have to turn wifi off and back on for it to regain the signal. Less than 10 minutes later it will happen again. This is not a good iOS for an older device.

IslandMonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2: Multitasking gestures in iOS 8 now freezes the app I am in to the screen and stops working unless I use the home button to find settings and turn it of and on again.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As Apple has closed the signing window for iOS 7.1.2 and it's no longer possible to downgrade, this thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts