Last week, we saw the Pangu team surprisingly release the iOS 8 Jailbreak for all devices that support the firmware. The Jailbreak however is still "under construction" so it's not perfect yet. One problem with the new Pangu tool is that Cydia is not included in the initial Jailbreak, however Cydia's substrate has since been updated and it's now possible to add Cydia manually to iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad (we'll have a video on that in a bit).
Here you will find a tutorial teaching how to Jailbreak iOS 8.1, iOS 8.0.2, iOS 8.0.1, or iOS 8.0 on the following supported devices:
Before you start, be sure to have the latest version of iTunes, restore your device through iTunes (Over The Air updates glitches the Jailbreak process), turn off Passcode and Touch ID on your device, and turn off Find My iPhone. You must do all of the above to successfully Jailbreak.
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 5c
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 4s
- iPad (2, 3, 4, Air, Air 2, mini 1, mini 2, mini 3)
- iPod touch 5
How to Jailbreak:
1. Download the Pangu tool here
2. Right click on the .exe and Run as Administrator
3. Plug in your supported iOS device and wait for Pangu to recognize it
4. Click the big blue button on the Pangu program and let your iOS device and the Pangu tool run its course
5. As soon as it's done, you should see two Pangu icons on your Homescreen, meaning you are now successfully Jailbroken on iOS 8+
Once again, Cydia is not included in the current Pangu tool, however we will have a video and written guide on how to install Cydia manually in a bit.