What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Documents to GO! Please provide reviews

NEWPORT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WIll I be happy with excel, word, and power point. Editing and changing? Thanks NEWPORT

crappa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use it mainly for excel files. I find it fine for entering data, but awkward for designing ss. So I do my designing on my computer. Sync works well. I haven't used it at all for Word docs or PP. I'm glad I purchased it. I have version 4.0.2.

I should add that some of the fancier formats don't translate.

Last edited:

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have it too, but use it rarely. Honestly, if you're going to put up with feature limitations and formatting problems anyway - and you will - stick to iWork.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the regular version. It does what I need. I'm a long term user of it from Palm OS days, so I got it on my iPhone a couple years back, and it also works with iPad, so I am sticking with it.

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have it too, but use it rarely. Honestly, if you're going to put up with feature limitations and formatting problems anyway - and you will - stick to iWork.
Do you mean that Numbers has no feature limitations and formatting problems? Are you talking about Numbers on iPad or mac?

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you mean that Numbers has no feature limitations and formatting problems? Are you talking about Numbers on iPad or mac?

I don't use Numbers, only Pages and Keynote - but it is probably a similar issue with little compatibility problems. But seriously, Docs2Go is just as bad and the usability is lower. This is from someone who owns both apps.

Dukins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Works great for me never had a problem with it. I use for word documents all the time. I have the premiere version or whatever the best version available is called. Works seamlessly between my pc and ipad. :D

Practical1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Docs2Go works fine for me also. I create the spreadsheets on my laptop but edit on my iPad. Most standard formatting and simple formulas translate fine.

Phine00Del

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Docs2Go and can't seem to find a good way to use it to present a powerpoint presentation. I can open and edit powerpoints of course but I can't figure out how to use it to display the powerpoint for a presentation (for a small group so I'm not trying to use a projector, just locally on the ipad). I can get it to full screen but then I can't get it to go to the next slide. Am I missing something or is that not something that I can do with Docs2Go? Thanks for the help.

Most reactions

Latest posts