What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Note taking app with audio sync and pdf and power pint import capablity?

hitman098

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for an ipad note taking app which provides these three feature
1)Ablity to synch audio with text
2) Ablity to import & edit power point slide
3) Ablity to import and edit pdf documents.

Teacher's Pet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Notes Plus. I have tried several different apps, and I found it works the best. I have only begun to scratch the surface on what the app is capable of, but I use it to take my notes during college classes and go back and study.

It's so nice to take the notes, and when reviewing them I can listen to the lecture, so when I'm reading a note, I can hear that point in the lecture to better grasp the theories and such that are being talked about.

It records audio and exports to .PDF. I use a stylus to write and draw but use a keyboard (ZaggMate) to type a lot of my notes in a sort of outline form to go along with the power points or white boards.

Some of the notes cater to handwriting, and some cater to typing. I found this to be what worked best at doing both REALLY well. If you are hand writing your notes, there are some great features such as the adjustable wrist pad and close up of your writing area.

The app was very obviously designed with the iPad and tablet in mind from the ground up, and it shows. It runs GREAT for me, is smooth and quick, has a well organized folder layout allowing you to organize notes and notebooks, and really is nice to use do to the simple gesture shortcuts, such as swiping back and fourth to erase or circling and tapping to delete.

I think Evernote will become better suited for my needs after some updates but right now nothing I tried can touch Notes Plus for what I need.

Notes Plus

I use quick office and another productivity app to do my power point stuff, although it's only on occasion. I don't know that Notes Plus does that, but Evernote might. I think Evernote will have some great new features coming soon because it incorporates photos so well, and will work great with the cameras.

Last edited:
OP
H

hitman098

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Notes Plus. I have tried several different apps, and I found it works the best. I have only begun to scratch the surface on what the app is capable of, but I use it to take my notes during college classes and go back and study.

It's so nice to take the notes, and when reviewing them I can listen to the lecture, so when I'm reading a note, I can hear that point in the lecture to better grasp the theories and such that are being talked about.

It records audio and exports to .PDF. I use a stylus to write and draw but use a keyboard (ZaggMate) to type a lot of my notes in a sort of outline form to go along with the power points or white boards.

Some of the notes cater to handwriting, and some cater to typing. I found this to be what worked best at doing both REALLY well. If you are hand writing your notes, there are some great features such as the adjustable wrist pad and close up of your writing area.

The app was very obviously designed with the iPad and tablet in mind from the ground up, and it shows. It runs GREAT for me, is smooth and quick, has a well organized folder layout allowing you to organize notes and notebooks, and really is nice to use do to the simple gesture shortcuts, such as swiping back and fourth to erase or circling and tapping to delete.

I think Evernote will become better suited for my needs after some updates but right now nothing I tried can touch Notes Plus for what I need.

I use quick office and another productivity app to do my power point stuff, although it's only on occasion. I don't know that Notes Plus does that, but Evernote might. I think Evernote will have some great new features coming soon because it incorporates photos so well, and will work great with the cameras.
Does this app allow you import pdf & power point for notetaking?
Does this app syncs audio with notes not just records audio? Sort of like livescribe pen.

Most reactions