What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you keep your boxes?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So you just acquired your latest Apple device. What do you do with the box? Do you refuse to get rid of it, and stash it along with all of the others? Or do you toss it in the recycling, and never think of it again?

My wife would dearly love to know, so have a look in those dark corners and see what you can find.

STeBoS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Keep them. Can't really explain why. 2 iPad boxes, 2 Smart Cover cases and 2 iPod Touch boxes. All empty and sitting in a closet. Drives my wife nuts. It's nice packaging.

Please read comics

OP
KevinJS

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The boxes may help get a better price if the device is ever sold.

Good excuse. I'll have to remember that one.

We recently tidied up the computer room. I very nearly lost the lot, but managed to salvage (and hide) them; iPhone 4, iPad 2, MBP, iPad mini, AppleTV. The one that prompted the question was the Airport Extreme box that appeared yesterday.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There used to be a time, before Apple really hit the big time, that even the empty boxes could fetch a tidy sum on eBay. I've not looked recently but I assume that due to the number of Apple product sold now that they aren't worth selling......but I always keep the boxes, lets face it, they don't take up much room, not like those old boxes you used to get with the old beige box PC's of the old days, a family of four could live in one of those!

The Archangel

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There used to be a time, before Apple really hit the big time, that even the empty boxes could fetch a tidy sum on eBay. I've not looked recently but I assume that due to the number of Apple product sold now that they aren't worth selling......but I always keep the boxes, lets face it, they don't take up much room, not like those old boxes you used to get with the old beige box PC's of the old days, a family of four could live in one of those!

The Archangel

With room for the family dog and enough styrofoam to insulate your house!:D

Last edited:

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I keep the boxes, never know when/if I might sell a device to pay for an upgrade.

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I keep them; even if I'm just passing an older iDevice onto another family member, it's nice to have the box

Most reactions

Latest posts