What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you guys finish reading your ebooks on iPad?

iFan85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I LOVE my iPad but I can't seem to finish reading my books on it :( I always find myself switching to safari or playing a game or checking the weather. I think that's one advantage physical books have because there's nothign to distract you. just wondering if this is just me or others...and if you're experiencing this, how can you solve this? is there a way to "lock" the iPad so you can't go out or at least make it hard to go out when reading?

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lol...All I can say is that if I was still in college and had my iPad I would have been in BIIIIG TROUBLE in the grades department...I do have several books loaded in iBooks but have not even broken the virtual cover...:) I find myself more motivated to read paper books....That may be the greatest thing about buying a device like the original Kindle, since all you can do is read.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find no difference in concentration between digital and print. I read plenty of books on iPad before switching to reading them on Kindle Fire (more hand-friendly size for me). I don't play games, so that's not a potential distraction. Reading is my primary interest, and I don't watch TV, so I have more time to read than most.

dMog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
had my ipad since christmas and have read about 12 books....no issue with doing the other stuff... maybe you are just reading boring books...try to get "fall of giants" by ken follett

OP
I

iFan85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe I am reading boring books lol. Will check out that book. Thanks!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I figure reading should be a pleasure, unless you're reading for school or work. I wouldn't force myself to read if I didn't like it.

I finished two ebooks last week and now am about one-third of the way into a book about Queen Elizabeth. I love ebooks, because they're portable, and I can read my Kindle books across several devices. I also love audiobooks, which I listen to on my daily drives, in the shower and during workouts. Audible has a nice iPad/iPhone app, if you want to switch up your reading. I'm listening to a book about Ayn Rand's life now. It takes me longer to finish audiobooks, because the reading by someone else is much slower, but it's another way to enjoy books. I recently finished the third of three "Godfather" books -- one by Mario Puzo and two by a followup writer. Entertaining, and the last two I probably wouldn't have read in book form. They seemed more appealing as audiobooks to me.

Most reactions

Latest posts