1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Do i need Ios5 and icloud

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by mainmaq, Nov 27, 2011.

1. mainmaq

mainmaq iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just got my iPad 2 64gb with iOS version 4.3.1 . I have heard users complain about ios5. Now I don't know if I should update or not. Youth opinions please.
  2. tlbaker

tlbaker iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +96 / 0
    Congrats!!! You will become an addict for sure. I don't have any complaints and I love all of the new features. Enjoy!! ;)

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 IOS 5.0.1 Update using iPF
  3. mainmaq

mainmaq iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I heard it's gait bugs and stuff. I don't want to have any issues with my iPad. However, if I do have issues as a result of the upgrade, can apple solve them? Thanks for your response.
  4. leelai

leelai Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,322 / 0
    There will always be a transition period when a new IOS is updated as all apps will also need to be updated to run smoothly with it. However it is only when an app is updated that bugs may appear and then a new update needs to be done again. On the whole it is a wonderful update with some great new features. The Forum is here if you have any troubles though as is Apple.

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  5. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    The new Music app, which replaced the iPod app, sucks. If I'd have known, I would't have upgraded to 5 / 5.0.1.

Some users (relatively few) also are plagued by continued poor battery life despite 5.0.1.

But whether the upgrade is worthwhile depends on each user's preferences. I have no use for most 5 features, so would've stuck with the lower version had I known about the Music app.