Do I need dock?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Ellie, Apr 6, 2010.

1. spinfreak

spinfreak
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I ordered a dock from day one, which actually got here before the iPad due to the backorder the ipads were/are on. Anyway, I haven't even used it yet. I have the apple case, and it doesn't fit into the dock with the case on, so I don't want to have to remove the case every time I want to charge the iPad. Besides that, I find that I'm using the iPad in landscape mode 99% of the time, and you can't do that in the dock. Worst 29 bucks i've ever spent.

2. Edlex

Edlex
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I actually ended up returning the dock I bought at launch for the same reasons. I realized I would never handle the iPad without a case of some sort and with the Apple case I can stand it in any position I want. The Apple rep was very nice and allowed me to return it even though it was past the 14 days since I didn't actually get my 3G almost a month after I got the dock. I hadn't even taken it out of the fedex box!

3. JMK

JMK
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    They really should put a connection on the pad for landscape.

A couple of USB ports would be nice as well.

:D

4. Ron_L

Ron_L
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    At the moment the only reason I would consider a dock is for the ability to connect an external monitor, but I would want landscape mode to really use it for presentations. For me, a way to connect an external monitor without having to carry a dock would be ideal.

5. ipadnewshub

ipadnewshub
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I also bought the iPad dock but stopped using it when I got the Apple iPad Case. I agree, it's pretty useless.

6. DavidNM

DavidNM
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Apple needs to re-manufacture to make the docs adjustable for cases -- then offer exchanges. I don't really like the feel without a case - and with one as everyone has said - the dock is useless.

How many people dropped so much money for the dock? Well over a hundred thousand, eh?

7. Sincere11105

Sincere11105
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    No dock needed

8. jaycidy

jaycidy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I don't need my dock, but I do like it. I carry it every where with me, it's great for watching video and what not (I dont have a case)