Do I need dock?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Ellie, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Laren

Laren
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Got both the dock and case today, the dock only works in portrait mode which is not what I expected. Which I had not wasted the money for it. The case is okay and provide good protection, you can plug in the connector and all switches are available without removing it from the case.

2. iSoozin60

iSoozin60
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I bought the dock - it's very small but it weighs 5.3 oz so it's very sturdy with the iPad on it - and it has a nonslip bottom. I'd rather have my iPad in the dock than laying flat on the table alongside me, where I have too many toys. At least in the dock it takes up less space and I won't accidentally sit something on top of it!!!

Susan

3. DavidNM

DavidNM
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I just received my small dock in the mail. Although I don't have my 3G yet my iPod touch does fit in there as well. I think it will be convenient to be able to just plug in and sync / charge without moving cables around. Will have to see what everyone else comes out with. The apple dock is very small and looks sturdy - I'm not sure I want a dock that is the size of a small brick - with a million ports, etc.

4. Ghuda

Ghuda
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I ordered the dock and they will deliver this Thursday. After using the onboard keypad, I honestly don't know how much i will use the dock for typing.

I am getting very comfortable with the onboard and like the relationship to the screen.

We will see how the dock performs when it arrives. It might end up just being a nice stand for charging.

5. DavidNM

DavidNM
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Really - do you have your iPad tilted up at the far end? Is it uncomfortable staring at the screen while typing?

6. Ghuda

Ghuda
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    i usually place the IPad flat on my Icase and type with it flat. works nice.

But right know i am typing on my keyboard dock that arrived today. i must admit it is very nice to type on. the arrow keys are brilliant as i am a fair typist at best so i end up going back and editing what i type, and this was a little trickier with just the ipad onboard keyboard.

Apple scores another hit with the keyboard dock, its great!

7. robb25j

robb25j
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I'll get a dock just so it can sit on my nightstand at night when I'm home it will be my alarm clock

8. jclynadms

jclynadms
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Dock works for them who want to be away from the hassles of the wires. It just provides you with a lot more convenience to handle and work, which would not have been so easy with the wires dangling all over. It is not a necessity but just the matter of your convenience and so it would completely depend on you whether to go for it or not.

9. henry2

henry2
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    i have the dock for the desktop for use as it need one at work and one at home to sync up as need with the ipad

10. cherhall

cherhall
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I preordered a case from Hard Candy, that will ship on the 20th that allows you to use the dock while still in the case. Has a cover that snaps on to cover the front when not in use. However, last week while roaming around our local PX, I noticed one of the cell phone kiosks already had a dock for $20 that can be used landscape or portrait. So I'll probably get one of those too.