What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Displayout

Success

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 1 5.0.1 untethered with displayout and resupported4 installed. It mirrors video perfectly but I can't get any audio through the tv. I am using a generic composite cable. I've read tons of info. Any suggestions?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So far that I know, Display out only does video. To watch videos and stuff with audio, turn display out off.

OP
S

Success

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can get video both ways but no audio. The audio comes out of my iPad with displayout on and by using the iOS video app. Any other suggestions? I saw another post you made about going into ifile and changing some things. Will that work for audio?
I beginning to think my cable is junk

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can get video both ways but no audio. The audio comes out of my iPad with displayout on and by using the iOS video app. Any other suggestions? I saw another post you made about going into ifile and changing some things. Will that work for audio?
I beginning to think my cable is junk

Well, the way I showed how to do it is the easier way to make things work. I suggest uninstalling DisplayOut and Resupported and doing the method I showed.
And, is it an official Apple cable?

OP
S

Success

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a generic cable. Will that matter?

OP
S

Success

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update: bought rocketfish composite cables off of eBay. Displayout and resupported4 work like they are supposed to. I guess my first cable was bad.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update: bought rocketfish composite cables off of eBay. Displayout and resupported4 work like they are supposed to. I guess my first cable was bad.

Like I said, 3rd party cables are hit-and-miss. Especially the older ones.
Glad it is working. It's pretty awesome to see your iPad on the "big screen".

We can sum up this thread with "Sucess", as your username says. :)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts