What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disconnecting SD Card or USB Flash Drive

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have the camera connection kit for my classic iPad. My iPad is jailbroken and if I may say, having iFiles plus this kit is awesome! I found a 2GB flash drive and an 8GB SD card that'll work. I also have a USB adapter (where I can put in micro and regular SD cards into it and then use a USB to read the cards) - that works fine.

So, all is good in my world. Except ...

I am a complete n00b for Apple products. On a PC, you have to "safely remove" an SD card or a USB drive. As long as I don't have an app running, can I assume it's okay to remove the adapter with the card or USB?

IOW - what's the proper step(s) for removing flash memory storage devices from the iPad so's not to cause problems?

TIA.

Marilyn

Reaction score
Just remove the adapter.

The iPad doesn't have an 'Eject' function, as long as any write processes are completed, I.e. no files are being copied onto the SD card, will no data be lost.

There is really nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks!

It's what I thought ... but I also thought it wouldn't hurt to ask/double-check...

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts