What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expanding Application of the Camera Connection Kit

DUTCH VanAtlanta

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Camera Connection Kit provides you with two adapters - one for SD Memory Cards and the other for USB.

There are a myriad of other memory card formats, including the Compact Flash Card used in many of Canon's higher end cameras. The iPad CCK will not allow you to move photos from a CF to the iPad.

I just obtained a Delkin Devices Reader-38. See here for details:

Delkin Devices UDMA-enabled High Speed USB 2.0 multi-card reader – All-in-One reader/writer

It will read 18 different memory card formats and send them through a USB cable to the iPad CCK USB adapter. Delkin's Customer Service did not know whether it would work with the iPad.

It does! I just tested it, and it works very nicely. Now we can input a whole bunch of additional memory card formats!

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for checking! I use a Canon dslr with CF and was wondering the same thing. My CCK is on order. :)

FahQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting I have a card reader I will try it out and see if it works. If only my camera connection kit would arrive lol

thehatguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.greatthreads.com
Works like a champ.

mem2.jpg

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What's the 4 inch cable between the Camera Connection Kit USB dongle and your USB/miniUSB cable? It kind of looks like a USB male/USB female extension cable.

OP
DUTCH VanAtlanta

DUTCH VanAtlanta

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Delkin Devices Reader-33 Works, Too

The Reader-33 is a USB 2.0 Reader/Writer for UDMA CF Type I/II and Microdrives. Can be plugged directly in to the CCK USB adapter or it has a cord to extend it.

It's more compact than the Reader-38, which is capable of handling a lot more types of memory cards.

I no longer need the Reader-38, if someone wants to make me an offer.

Last edited:

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
@thehatguy - not so sure that's right. The miniUSB plug is what's attached to the card reader on the right. I thought the camera connection kit USB dongle is supposed to be a regular USB plug. So that's why it looks weird that he has what looks to be a 4inch USB male/female extension cord. I'm trying to figure out what it is.

OP
DUTCH VanAtlanta

DUTCH VanAtlanta

iPF Novice
Reaction score
@thehatguy - not so sure that's right. The miniUSB plug is what's attached to the card reader on the right. I thought the camera connection kit USB dongle is supposed to be a regular USB plug. So that's why it looks weird that he has what looks to be a 4inch USB male/female extension cord. I'm trying to figure out what it is.

The USB plug on my CCK is a standard USB plug - not mini or micro. No adapter dongles needed on mine.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts