What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 9 Introduces Six-Digit Passcodes to Newer Apple Devices

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iOS 9.JPG

Ars Technica writes that in an very packed keynote speech at the WWDC yesterday, with lots and lots of information to digest, in particular about iOS 9, Apple also revealed that users of all Apple devices that are equipped with Touch ID will have the option to use a six-digit minimum passcode instead of a 4-digit one when iOS 9 is released. Users can create an even more complex alphanumeric password if they want, but six digits will be the minimum possible in iOS 9. If 10 failed attempts are made to enter the correct password, the device will be erased.

This is all part of Apple’s bid to beef up security for its devices and services, as with a six-digit instead of four-digit passcode there are one million possible combinations, instead of 10,000 possible combinations with a four-digit passcode.

Only the most recent Apple devices will be able to benefit from the new six-digit passcode, namely iPhone 5s, 6, 6 Plus, iPad Air 2, and iPad Mini 3.

Source: http://arstechnica.com/apple/2015/0...passcodes-on-newer-iphones-ipads-under-ios-9/

John903

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm glad for the keyboard character case shifting, I've always felt that was a surprising omission by Apple.
It was one advantage Android had over iOS.

The introduction of the iCloud app seems to be Apple reverting to how cloud storage was handled with Mobile Me.
It's amazing how many companies are offering storage.

Most reactions

Latest posts