What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did the iPad 4 announcement surprise you?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I want my obsolete iPad back. :)

I know that feeling. I had to be without an iPad before the iPad 3 came out. I think I went about a week with no iPad. Since I use mine EVERY SINGLE DAY, I just didn't feel right without it.

Devynquinn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iDan said:
Wow, I was completely caught off guard by the iPad 4 announcement! It's very unlike Apple to refresh a product so soon after the last model. Just wondering what everyone's thoughts were.

Yes, but I didn't buy 3, so ill upgrade my 2 in Nov.

Nakedbabytoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now that the surprise has worn off and I check the specs, I don't feel as cheezed anymore. It seems more of a move to get the connectors more standard and get Apple on a more financially smart pre holiday release schedule. They had to make a few internal changes to make people either upgrade or finally make the plunge, so they just subbed a newer chip and a better front camera(which I never use anyways). Eh, I am underwhelmed and sitting pretty with my 65 day old 3. Great device and will gladly keep for a long time. This small change might actually be good for me....
It'll help break me out of the must upgrade mentality. It becomes easier once you are a gen out from current. At least, that was the way it was with our touches and shuffles. Once there was a nominal change that we didn't upgrade to, then we just used our devices until they died a natural death(or am still waiting on).

andrzejls

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am curious what Apple is planning to do with the remaining stock of the now "old" New iPads (make sense? lol), seeing as they have removed it from the website. Considering the iPad 2 still costs $399, I wonder if they will even try to sell them.
All I have to say is this: we had our fun with ASUS coming out with Infinity tablet just 4 or 5 months after Prime (questionable WiFi and non existent GPS on Prime) now Apple is doing it to us. I did not think it would be possible, but.....

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm with Johnny and Col.bris. The iPad 3 is still great. Why try to get the newest all the time. I think it's the old argument where some people say look at me, I've got the latest thing and you've got the oldest. It's just showing off. The sooner you realise this, the sooner you enjoy what you have. Most people miss a gen and get the next one. iPad 5 or 6 will still come along and we will have this little discussion again. Apple are keeping up with the competition. Just get over yourselves.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
I'm with Johnny and Col.bris. The iPad 3 is still great. Why try to get the newest all the time. I think it's the old argument where some people say look at me, I've got the latest thing and you've got the oldest. It's just showing off. The sooner you realise this, the sooner you enjoy what you have. Most people miss a gen and get the next one. iPad 5 or 6 will still come along and we will have this little discussion again. Apple are keeping up with the competition. Just get over yourselves.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

I disagree. Some people like myself enjoy new technology. I never tell anyone that I'm buying the new iPad or iPhone and only share my enthusiasm with what I believe are others who enjoy technology too (eg IPad Forums). Technology moves on all the time eg 4G has just become available in the UK. It's hardly "showing off" to want to make use of these new innovations in technology.

Most reactions

Latest posts