What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cydia Question

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there's a way to get cydia to stop showing an update for a particular app? It's telling me categoriesSB needs updating but it isn't supported anymore and I can't download it. Anyway I can edit a .plist or something to make it stop showing an update?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe you can edit the file var/lib/dpkg/status - find the application you want in the list and change the version number to match the current latest version of the package. This will prevent the update from triggering UNTIL it is updated again to a different version number by the developer.
I haven't tried this since the days of 3.x but it should work...

OP
Munky

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just tried it and it didn't work...I even rebooted. I'm on 3.2.2.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would double check. I just tested it and it worked fine. No need to reboot. Just start Cydia.
Are you shure you are changing the version number of the correct package to EXACTLY the correct version number which Cydia reports for the latest update?
For categoriessb it should be: 1.7.5-1

OP
Munky

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I checked twice after I did it to make sure.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK, don't know what to suggest then. I've verified it works on my iPad. Sorry.

Most reactions

Latest posts