What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cydia logo white?

kiddoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just re-jailbroke (since I upgraded the iOS from 4.3.2 to 4.3.3), and my Cydia became white? What happened? I seem to be able to load Cydia, just a problem with the logo. How to I fix this?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only time I've seen it stay White after a reboot is on a tethered jailbreak. If it's all working, is it that much of a big deal? I suppose it would bug me too. Try running latest redsn0w over the top... Should fix it.

Last edited:
OP
K

kiddoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y, please excuse my lack of jailbreaking knowledge...what did you mean by running redsn0w on top?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
kiddoso said:
f4780y, please excuse my lack of jailbreaking knowledge...what did you mean by running redsn0w on top?

Let me ask first. What did you do to rejailbreak? Tool, version, and what desktop OS. That will help me help you.

OP
K

kiddoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used the latest version of redsn0w (set at Windows XP SP2 with admin rights) with Windows 7.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK, so just run it again.
First time through, do not set ANY of the check boxes. This will re-apply the jailbreak only.
If that does not work set only "Install Cydia" the second time, but only try this if it does not work with the first suggestion.

mikeclarkusa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Solution to Cydia white logo not working

Search for: redsn0w-4-3-3-3gs-problem.73853
on: everythingicafe dot com

"After our PM conversation before, I've done a little researching. The only fix for this is to Restore to stock 4.3.3, do not update. Then run Redsn0w 0.9.6rc16. This will fix the Cydia crashing you've witnessed and it will fix the White Cydia icon."

This solution works. - Mike

Most reactions

Latest posts