What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could you share some of the useful applications for ipad?

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to agree, GarageBand is a breakthrough app. Fun for beginners and a very usable tool for musicians on the go. iMovie is excellent too, but it only works on the ipad2. We'll be seeing a lot more apps that will only work on the newer iPad due to it's processor, ram, and graphics acceleration.

Jerikh0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
normanj said:
I have GR. I was wondering whether there would be any benefit to also getting UPad.

I don't have goodreader but from what ive read it's just for viewing pdf's? Correct me on that if im wrong. Upad is a note taking app that allows me to markup my PDF class notes. I could highlight, make handwritten or typed notes on it and other stuff. There's a Upad lite app for free if you want to try it out.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jerikh0 said:
I don't have goodreader but from what ive read it's just for viewing pdf's? Correct me on that if im wrong. Upad is a note taking app that allows me to markup my PDF class notes. I could highlight, make handwritten or typed notes on it and other stuff. There's a Upad lite app for free if you want to try it out.

Goodreader allows the same and its useful for a lot more than just viewing pdfs. It really is one of the apps I consider almost essential on an Pad along with Dropbox. . You might also look at Notetaker HD which has import of pdfs without Itunes and you can markup, etc. I have Upad Lite and don't use it at all but someone else might find it suite them

Diane

jgumphress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
umphress.web.officelive.com
My number 1 favorite is Olive Tree v.5 Bible app and second would be Documents-To-Go.

Have you used YouVersion Bible? It's one of the most popular on many os systems. I have it on this, my Incredible and my desktop. It's free and offers many downloadable translations for free
I had Olive Tree on my Samsung Omnia but I like Tekarta better on my Incredible as far as paid Bibles

Support Our Troops!!
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
You read it correctly, iPad and Tapatalk muhahaha! :D

OliveTree v5 is all new and is only for iPad. If you haven't tried it you should. But then it reall only shines if you have some of their books to work along with it. Watch some of the great tutorial videos they have on YouTube vor version 5.

Sundancer007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does whistle phone cut in and out alot? The first day i got this it worked great and the last couple days it is breaking up or cutting in and out.

OP
P

pastan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sundancer007 said:
Does whistle phone cut in and out alot? The first day i got this it worked great and the last couple days it is breaking up or cutting in and out.

At least it works.. Hehe.. Whistle doesnt work in our country

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sundancer007 said:

Its worked for me so far. Since it is dependent upon your available wifi maybe that's the culprit.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to agree, GarageBand is a breakthrough app. Fun for beginners and a very usable tool for musicians on the go. iMovie is excellent too, but it only works on the ipad2. We'll be seeing a lot more apps that will only work on the newer iPad due to it's processor, ram, and graphics acceleration.

Imovies wrks on iPad 1 also. I have it ;-)

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:
Good reader, whistle phone( turns ur iPad into a VoIP enabled device to send and recieve phone calls and gives ur iPad it's own phone number and it's y edition. ;-)

thanks for Whistle phone. Installed on Touch and Ipad

You welcome, also if u want to do video chatting, try Tango and Skype apps. Wrks on ipad1 also. Although they can't see u, u can see and still chat with them

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ZumoDrive, Flipboard, FileApp (to store files downloaded using safari).

ksmweb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love zinio, it's totally changed my life. Magazines are delivered straight to me no matter where I am.
Terra I find to be the best browser, soo much faster than others I've used (Inc. Atomic and skyfire)
wrapt edition is great for feeds, I've totally given up on the paper now I can subscribe to what interests me.
Hulu, abc, monopoly, screens, pages, vlc....I've soo many apps. Just as I think my iPad has done all it can, a new app comes along that totally changes the way I go about life lol

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
ksmweb said:
I love zinio, it's totally changed my life. Magazines are delivered straight to me no matter where I am.
Terra I find to be the best browser, soo much faster than others I've used (Inc. Atomic and skyfire)
wrapt edition is great for feeds, I've totally given up on the paper now I can subscribe to what interests me.
Hulu, abc, monopoly, screens, pages, vlc....I've soo many apps. Just as I think my iPad has done all it can, a new app comes along that totally changes the way I go about life lol

Does terra do flash?

Reaction score
ksmweb said:

Does terra do flash?

no

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

Most reactions

Latest posts