What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Block app access for my kids

ipadkiwi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I have on my IPad many applications that I share with my kids. They use the game part and I use the professional part but also have in my ebook reader some books that they are too young for. Is there an apllication that can block access to certain applications with a password? there are plenty of apps like that for Max OS, so I suspect there will also be some for the IPad ?
Thanks

jvolzer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is not a way.

There is not a way to do this with out programs designed to manage hundreds of devices. If you want to learn about it it is called MDM(mobile device management). You have to have subscriptions to these services.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I have on my IPad many applications that I share with my kids. They use the game part and I use the professional part but also have in my ebook reader some books that they are too young for. Is there an apllication that can block access to certain applications with a password? there are plenty of apps like that for Max OS, so I suspect there will also be some for the IPad ?
Thanks

As odd as it seems, as far as I know, there is no such app. (Can't speak for jailbroken iPad options.) Ironically, the Kindle Fire offers exactly the functionality you're looking for via a free app called "Kids Place." The absence of parental controls on the iPad was the greatest disappointment I encountered with the device so I was amazed to find it available on the Kindle Fire. My seven year old now plays more games on the KF than on the iPad and the Kids Place app provides a single screen with all of her apps.

By the way, if you find the book reading experience on the backlit iPad acceptable (as I do) you'll find it's just as good (if not more so) on the KF. So if this functionality is worth $200 to you, get a KF and share it with your kids.

P.S. Just noticed your handle. If you're located in New Zealand the Kindle Fire may not yet be available. If not, you may have to wait a few weeks or months. I realize Kiwi's hate to be confused with Aussies but I did notice that the KF is now available in Australia so it may be available to you as well.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts