What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could anyone answer me plz

nythyathnaro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any safari tweak which allow us to use proxy setting with cellular data

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This does not make any sense to me. What are you trying to achieve?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No need to apologise. I don't think it is your English :)

What I mean is that a proxy server in relation to your cellular data makes no sense to me. I do not understand how this would be possible or why you would want it. Can you please explain what it is you are tying to achieve?

OP
nythyathnaro

nythyathnaro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
No need to apologise. I don't think it is your English :)

What I mean is that a proxy server in relation to your cellular data makes no sense to me. I do not understand how this would be possible or why you would want it. Can you please explain what it is you are tying to achieve?

Normally in mobile configure setting always has this setting, also on computer. But why not in iPad?
I just wonder :D

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK. Well, the point of a proxy is to place an additional server in between you and the outside world. There can be lots of reasons for this, but it is usually related to security. The proxy can generally control what you have access to and also protect you, but the list of different uses for a proxy is pretty comprehensive.

Here is a good article on them - Proxy server - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, the reason you don't have an option for a proxy between your iPad and your iPad's cellular data is that it would be pretty much impossible to put an external server between your iPad and its own data connection and act as an intermediary. (actually it is not impossible, just not very practical). You can of course specify a proxy if you are using wifi, becasue that makes perfect sence, if your local network includes a proxy server.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts