What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to use - -- - SOCKS - -- - Proxy ?

koz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not the only one trying to figure this out. I know this is an old thread, but it doesn't look like anyone has ever given a clear answer on this. I'd like to use SSH from my iPad (let's say from local coffee shop) and connect to my home PC. Then tunnel my browser (in my case, iCab) thru that SSH connection using a SOCKS proxy. Has anyone been successful at accomplishing this, and if so, how?

I know you can do it with VPN - however, I have reasons for wanting to do it thru SSH & SOCKS. People have been doing this for years with Firefox (Geek to Live: Encrypt your web browsing session (with an SSH SOCKS proxy)). Is it possible with an iPad?
This post, although responding to a relatively old thread, has been moved to the Jailbreak Applications & Tweaks sub-forum
The OB, iPF moderator team

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts