What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copying eBook from Education App - Diskaid

Conorooney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi folks,

General browser of the site and love it.

I'm a teacher and use eBooks from educational companies. Most give me a PDF of the book however one company do not. I've got a paper copy, the eBook app with the book but some rooms in the school do not have Apple TV and I cannot use the iPad so I need the PDF to use on a PC.

I use Diskaid to get stuff from my iPad and I went into the app called Edco, located where the book is. Usually they're either a) individual jpg files and I've to convert and combine with Acrobat or single PDF pages which I just combine.

However, this app the pages are displaying as single .txt files. It's very weird as plaintext files do not have images on them. When I try to open them with notepad it's double dutch, if I rename the extension to an image file it's cannot open it. Has anyone seen this before? How do the iPad display these pages. On the iPad they're high quality pages with loads of images, text and formatting. I need this on PDF and if anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.

Regards,

Conor

Most reactions

Latest posts