What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copy-paste across apps?

Akominatus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any way of carrying copied text from one app to another? The lack of any such ability seems to be a major drawback.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you tell us which two specific app are not working for you? That way, maybe someone can tell you if it's the apps or you. Because I can copy/paste across several apps - but they may not be the ones you are dealing with.

Marilyn

kippyw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cannot copy text from the Facebook app on an iPad3. Frustrating when I have many friends that do not converse in English, and I would like to copy/paste into my translation app.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I think it's the Facebook app, because I couldn't copy text, either.

All I can suggest it to view Facebook on the web - maybe then you can copy/paste.

Or, maybe someone is using a different Facebook app that the "official' one? And can tell you if it works? I just know the one I have doesn't allow copying. Sorry.

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, you can copy from FaceBook in Safari. Tap and hold a block of text. You have to copy the entire block(s), unless you are in an editable text field; in which case the normal rules apply.

You can save pictures in the FaceBook app, but you have to tap and open them full screen first. Then tap and hold for Save Image. It goes to the camera roll in the Photos app.

Text, as already noted, can not be copied in the FaceBook app.

On the other hand you can share fewer things, and what you can share takes more than one step. I consider that a feature. ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts