What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copy and paste

jlbuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just wanted to copy a paragraph from this forum via copy and paste, just as I do with a pc. I think that I have found out how to copy, but I had nowhere to paste it to. There's no paste button within the notes ap -- at least I couldn't find one!

Could anyone please advise?

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From the iPad User Guide.

Paste text: Tap the insertion point, then tap Paste to insert the last text that you cut or copied. Or, select text, then tap Paste to replace the text.

I recommend you check out the user guide. It has a lot of good info for new users.

pik0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.TheDailyMapper.com
The short answer is, once you have something copied, go to where you want to paste, select where you want to paste by tapping once. Then, tap again to bring up the paste menu. Press "Paste" and you're done...

Piko

spinfreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The short answer is, once you have something copied, go to where you want to paste, select where you want to paste by tapping once. Then, tap again to bring up the paste menu. Press "Paste" and you're done...

Piko

Ditto. You have to tap once in the text entry field first (and release your finger....so the cursor is there), then hold your finger there again and the paste option will come up. If you just place and hold your finger without tapping first, it won't let you paste. I didn't know WTF was going on at first when I first got my iPad until I figured that out. Lol

OP
J

jlbuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. I'll take a look at the new user guide as well.

Most reactions

Latest posts