What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copy command

M

moparherb

I'm a Windows P/C user, that about three months ago purchased an iPad. I love it and have found very few things that it won't do. It has opened up so many more opportunities to me. But I have one question. When you use the copy command in Windows the info can take up memory. If the copy is large a lot of memory can be used. Of course you can clear this memory buffer so that performance does not lag. What about the iPad? I do not do a lot of copy & paste but if I copied a large picture or something else does it also take memory and if so how, short of rebooting, do you get that memory back? My iPad seems to run as good as the day I bought it but I was wondering how Mac products handle this copied stuff. Thanks for any advise you can give.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
IOS has some very efficient memory management and the copy / paste functionality does not work as it does on a desktop. Honestly, I wouldn't sweat it. Just carry on enjoying your iPad!

Most reactions

Latest posts