1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

undelete app & recover file sharing data

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by elandy, Jul 28, 2011.

1. elandy

elandy iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am an iOS developer. I deleted an app I made and was testing. (It is not in the iTunes store.) I delted it directly from the iPad with the shaking X. The app creates data which is available in the File Sharing section of Itunes when the iPad is connected. I want to recover this data. I can re-install the app itself so that is not a problem, but I need this DATA which was created by my app and may only be in the IPad. So first of all , is there any way to undelete the app in the iPad? Secondly, I doubt that the ipad was synched to any of my computers, but how can I look at what is synched in my computers, to see if any of this info is in there?
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,980 / 1
    As far as I know when an app is deleted its entire folder structure is deleted. I could be wrong. You could download iPhone Explorer on your computer and take a look. Be sure to disable auto-syncing in iTunes Preferences first, to be on the safe side.

The backup data is not user readable, so the only way to find out if the data is there would be to reinstall the app, then restore from the backup. If the data is there, it should show up. Hold in mind you must install/sync the app separately from the backup. The app itself will not be stored there.

iPad: About backups

Other than that, I have no ideas. Good luck.
  3. hugo_mexico

hugo_mexico iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, you can...

Try this: From iTunes, restore the backup that contains the data you want to retrieve. Once done, install the application on your Mac "iphone explorer". Connect your iPad and, you'll can see the files structure of your iPad in the "iphone explorer" (not in iTunes). Now, locate the app that contains data you want to recover. You can view and export them to a folder on your mac. I hope you solve your problem.
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2011