What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Converted to iPad

Taylork1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everybody. I am new to the forum and want to introduce myself. For Thanksgiving this year, I bought a Viewsonic g Tablet running Android 2.2. The hardware was gorgeous, with ports and connectors galore. Good battery, bright screen, etc. But the UI was not mature enough and before I started my education in learning how to flash Android, or something, I exchanged the device for an iPad. After a giant upgrade ( over 500MB), I was up and running and loving it ever since.

I really wanted to love the g Tablet, and wish them huge luck in the future. Competition makes everyone better. There are great testimonies about Gingerbread and Honeycomb, but the iPad is ready now.

Granted, there are things about the ipad that frustrate me to no end. So many sites use flash and it's not okay for Apple to simply say no. The autocorrect feature is great when typing a doc, but not when entering a search string or filling out a form. I have run into my share of situations where I get a dialog box that "the requested file could not be downloaded". And the price was really high, considering I bought 2 great net books for family members for about $300 each, the price of 1 iPad. Netbooks have their place, with Windows 7, lots of ports, USBs, etc, and they don't require a second computer that runs iTunes.

So call me a fan of the iPad.

K.

Most reactions

Latest posts