What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Android convert intro

Katrina2475

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone! My name is Katrina. I'm a 36 year old stay at home mom to 2 girls that are almost 2 and 4. My gadget obsession started with the Palm Pilot days, transformed to Windows mobile devices like Dell Axim and Treo cell phones. I then moved on to Blackberry for a few years and in July moved on to Android phones. I currently use a HTC Droid Incredible and was seriously considering an Android tablet. Something about the iPad just drew me in and it was a tie between the Motorola Xoom and the IPad. The flash capabilities on the Xoom almost lured me in.
I then worked out a deal with my husband to motivate me to lose weight. I told home when I lost 30 pounds that I wanted a tablet and he agreed and then told me that if I wanted a tablet to just get one but I wanted to use it for motivation for weight loss. I have lost 10 pounds so I started to feel motivated. Well last Friday, my husband called me on his break and told me to just go ahead and get my tablet. I was so excited but now had to decide. I went with my gut and decided on the iPad. I was ready to order online when I figred I'd check Walmart's site to see what they had. The store by me showed limited stock on the 32gig wifi version so I called to verify. The guy said they got 10 in that morning and had one left so if I wanted it to hurry. I got my kids ready, packed them in the minivan and raced up to Walmart with no shower and in a pair of sweats. Luckily you can get away with that at Walmart. Lol I ended up getting the last one and couldn't be happier. I have found so many more uses than what I originally purchased it for. Even my husband loves it and he is a free flip phone kinda guy. When I am eligible for a new phone I have decided to get an iPhone. At the rate im going I may even end up with a Mac one day. :D

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Lose weight - that's what I need to do!!!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
<====Waving @ Katrina

Greetings and welcome to the forum!

Congratulations on your new iPad. You must be, "Walking on Sunshine!"

OP
Katrina2475

Katrina2475

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I am learning quite a bit already from this forum and loving every bit of my iPad. Oh and I will take the Walking on Sunshine puns over the stuff that I have dealt with after the hurricane. I used to be a cashier and people would see my name tag and ask if I was named after the hurricane. Um.....I'm 36.

Most reactions

Latest posts