What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Controlling video playback

kopite76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I play a video via Safari or Chrome, the scrollbar that indicates the current position of the video cant be scrolled left or right. This is frustrating.

If I am 30 mins into a 2 hour video, have to stop viewing, I cant get back to 30 mins in, I have to start from scratch.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Some third party media apps actually have a setting to remember where your up to if you stop a video and come back later to continue. The stock Video app does not have that feature.

I use NPlayer, which has this feature.

OP
K

kopite76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
appreciate the reply but surely Safari and Chrome should be able to cope with this?

I'm more concerned that its just my ipad that isnt allowing me to control the starting point.

Can anyone confirm?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My apologies, my response didn't really address your issue directly.

I have not used Chrome, but I'm sure in Safari you can slide the slider to move through the video. You can in the stock Video app anyway. The slider is meant to move you through the video, as long as the video can buffer content from the site to your iPad to the point where you want to go.

Have you tried all the usual tricks to get the functionality back, like fully closing Safari or Chrome, and/or restart the iPad?

OP
K

kopite76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My apologies, my response didn't really address your issue directly.

I have not used Chrome, but I'm sure in Safari you can slide the slider to move through the video. You can in the stock Video app anyway. The slider is meant to move you through the video, as long as the video can buffer content from the site to your iPad to the point where you want to go.

Have you tried all the usual tricks to get the functionality back, like fully closing Safari or Chrome, and/or restart the iPad?

Yes tried all that.

I'm amazed this isn't common knowledge so I'm concerned that its something obvious that I'm missing!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What site(s) are you watching videos from?

I ask, because I've never had any trouble viewing YouTube videos, but don't go to many other sites.

Most reactions

Latest posts