What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Control app for turning settings on and off?

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a control app that would allow me to turn on and off certain settings like brightness and bluetooth without having to go into settings and then find that section? Android does this quite well on my phone, just wondering if something similar exists for iPad.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
<chuckle> When I saw the title of your thread I had a feeling it was coming from an Android user. I've become adept at finding the various adjustment settings on the iPad but like you I miss a control center app that enables me to toggle and adjust various settings from a single location. Ideally, I could set "profiles" that adjust multiple settings with a single click. Haven't found an equivalent app on the iPad and with the growing complexity of the settings with iOS 5 it would definitely be a worthwhile app.

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The best way to have that is after jailbreak using one app called SBSettings but I had not found nothing for stock iPad's

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The best way to have that is after jailbreak using one app called SBSettings but I had not found nothing for stock iPad's

Had a feeling that would be the answer. Unlike Android, Apple doesn't expose features controlled by the OS without gaining control of the latter.

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
... And SBSettings if FAR from perfect for that purpose as well. On my iPad, half the toggles that are available to turn on in SBSettings' settings, don't show up in the SBS panel, and half of the ones that do, don't work right. Every time I go to SBS, several of the items that are turned on in iPads control panel show up as being off in SBS.

SBS works well for some basic functions, like reading IP addresses, rebooting the pad, respringing, and the like, but the buttons are flakey at best.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bingoldsby, you may want to uninstall and then reinstall SBSettings. Because I have the bluetooth and brightness toggles (as mentioned/requested by NYHorsewoman) and they work fine. I have 15 more that work great - including 3G, Airplane, Data, WiFi, VPN, etc.

SBSettings (just to rub salt in the wounds of those who don't have it) is in my top 3 list of reasons why I always want to be jail broken. The sheer convenience of one-stop toggling is priceless!

So, yeah, NYHorsewoman, when/if you can - come on over to the dark side. We have cookies! :D

Marilyn

OP
NYHorsewoman

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Bingoldsby, you may want to uninstall and then reinstall SBSettings. Because I have the bluetooth and brightness toggles (as mentioned/requested by NYHorsewoman) and they work fine. I have 15 more that work great - including 3G, Airplane, Data, WiFi, VPN, etc.

SBSettings (just to rub salt in the wounds of those who don't have it) is in my top 3 list of reasons why I always want to be jail broken. The sheer convenience of one-stop toggling is priceless!

So, yeah, NYHorsewoman, when/if you can - come on over to the dark side. We have cookies! :D

Marilyn

I consider myself a pretty savvy techie but for soe reason I have never wanted to root my Android phone or JB my iPad. Having said that... What kind of cookies?! :)

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mickey don't tell her the cookies until she get on the dark side :)

Cookies are good that's all we can say lol

Even Santa Claus like them cookies.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
All I can say is this:

WeHaveCookies.jpg

;)

Marilyn

P.S. If I told any more ... Marie (aka SweetPoison) would hunt me down...!! :D

OP
NYHorsewoman

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmmm, cookies, brownies.... Any chocolate kisses? That could close the deal...

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a matter of fact, my "special" brownies have chopped up Hershey kisses on top and are drizzled with caramel. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts