What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contacts

rogsparks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all
This is my first post so excuse my if I have done it all wrong.
We have had some email abuse so I have changed my email address and deleted all my contacts from my ipad. Now if I go to write a new email if for example the email address starts with rog as soon as I type in r it brings up some of my old email addresses that I have deleted from contacts plus it bring up `message email reply` with a lot of letters and number next to it. I am worrid this relate to the person that sends the abusive emails. How can I get rid of this?

sparkyrog

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you've run into one of Apple's "features.

And, I'm sorry but you can't delete those addresses. That's a "helpful" feature by Apple that, well, isn't. At the present time (and since the start of the iPad) there is no way to remove those addresses from a stock iPad. The best you can hope for is for them to get pushed further down the recommendations list because you don't use them.

We keep hoping for a change but so far, no luck. Again, sorry.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts