What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown contact

tobindia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I noticed an unknown email address when i address a Mail message. This is in the list of addresses that Mail presents when I begin to type a To (or cc or bcc) address for a message. The email does NOT exist in my iPad's Contacts. I also checked my Mac, my wife's iPhone, and iCloud Contacts, even tho they're all synced. The address is not in any of those. AND the unknown address does not show up when I address an email from the Mac or iPhone! Any ideas on where it came from or, more importantly, how I can delete it?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it's probably a remnant from when you addressed an e-mail (or replied to one - or corrected one). The thing is, there is no way to remove it or stop it from appearing when you start to enter an address in the address field. This is true even if that address is not in any of your accounts.

This is a "feature" of Apple's that has not been corrected since the iPad (and maybe even the iPhone) first came out. There is no way to delete that address.

So, all you can do is join the legion of people who wish that Apple would just figure out a way for us to clean up those ghost e-mail addresses. Cause, there are many who hate this "feature.". Sorry.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts