connect ipad to tv

Discussion in 'iPad Pro Forum' started by alvote, Jun 11, 2017.

1. alvote

alvote
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    New to this game. want to get into ipad pro. all seems good but how do i connect to tv or monitot

2. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I've moved your post to it's own thread where it will receive more attention.

As to your question:
    There are two possibilities.

You can either use a Lightning Digital AV adapter. You'll also need an HDMI cable. Connect the adapter to the iPad, and then use the HDMI cable to connect the adapter to the TV.
    IMG_3476.PNG

Or you get an Apple TV. All you have to do, is to connect the Apple TV to the TV (HDMI cable), and enable Air Play Mirroring on your iPad.
    Use AirPlay or AirPlay Mirroring on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

3. LannyC

LannyC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    After trying the somewhat-clumsy cable route, I bought an Apple TV version 3. My 10 year old dumb TV has no wifi of its own, so in addition to iPad/AirPlay display, it now also has access to YouTube, Netflix, my iTunes library, and a lot of free shows I'd otherwise need a cable subscription to watch. As I type this, my 50" plasma TV is showing a live safari drive from South Africa via YouTube (Start Your Day on Safari!).

If the $150 cost of the current Apple TV 4 puts you off, look for a 3rd gen unit on the used market. If it suits your needs, you can always upgrade later.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. MoneyGuy

MoneyGuy
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I use and love my Apple TV.