What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connect a Droid Razr Maxx to iPad Retina via the hotspot

FromFlorida

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
capecoralburrowingowls.com
I am a bit confused on what the cellular iPad can do for me. I have a Droid Razr Maxx through Verizon. The hotspot is enabled on my phone with unlimited data to allow me to access the internet on my laptop. If I buy the iPad retina display should I get the cellular option? Do I need it? I do want to be able to use the iPad in the car while traveling and I give wildlife talks in places that do not have WiFi. If my understanding is correct, the iPads come with wifi which will allow you to access the internet if you are in range of WiFi. By adding the cellular component you will allow the IPad to access your cellular service, but since I have the phone hotspot already activated, am I duplicating things?

Beverly

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome yes if your phone supports hot spot tethering it works fine, Just make sure the phone is on charge in the car. You also need to make sure you have enough data on the phone. I suggest going to any store and check that the wifi iPad will connect with out issues. You will save having a plan on the cellular version

Brontesmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you are right as in this web effected world there are more than one ways to go with any thing .. so why not look over for the same as an apt help is waiting you

Scottysize

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I came from a Droid Razr Maxx HD. My iPad connected to it just fine using the Hotspot. No issues. Now, going the other way, connecting an Android tablet to an iPhone, that's no bueno. Android's will not connect to iPhone hotspots.

Sorry off topic, yes, you can use your Hotspot for your iPad. No need to purchase the additional cellular module.

Most reactions

Latest posts