What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Collection List App

nypaulie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good app to store a list of collected items? For instance: a list of books where you could enter Title - Author - and a field for entering some notes about each title?
An ideal app would allow you to select how many Fields you wanted and to name them. This way you could also set up an address book: Name - Address - Phone - etc.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
FormsConnect and HanDBase are general purpose databases that can be used for this kind of thing.

I have FormsConnect and am reasonably happy. It bills itself as a way to create and share forms, but it makes a decent general purpose database; as long as you don't need a table/spreadsheet view or more than a few basic field types.

I have no experience with HanDBase, but they've been around for a long time. They started out on Palm devices.

The other option is to get a specialized app for each thing you need. There are hundreds of list apps out there, each tweaked for a specific subject.

I'm still missing Bento. *sigh*.

OP
nypaulie

nypaulie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I will check out FormsConnect (and HanDBase too). I just tried "PocketDB" which works fine and is free. You make a title, add headers and then can add individual entries, then show this as a table. Nice!
[Added Later]
I got FormConnect, and have already started using it. It is similar to using B4A and RealBasic, except that you needn't compile and then have to upload your finished app to the tablet. Thanks again. Do you know what advantages the Pro version has? For now the basic one should work fine for me.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You're welcome. Sorry about misspelling FormConnect.

I believe the pro version has better sharing and collaboration features, but I'm not sure. It should say in the app's description or on their support site,

Most reactions

Latest posts