What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clearance price IPad vs IPad 2

DocGrundy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looking to buy my son an IPad this week.

So my Poll is this.....

Would you purchase a new, original IPad for $100 less or the IPad 2 at regular price?

Joey47

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd pick up a ipad1 from Verizon. They wont have any 16 gb left but 32 can still be found. 399 brand new and you still have apple warranty

RJ551

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Joey47 Did you get the ipad 1 from the Verizon website or a store? The website has the cheapest at 529.00 now.

Katoosh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is your son a gamer? The games and apps coming out o er the next year are going to take advantage of that new processing power. I do think the iPad 2 is a decent amount faster than the first in other applications as well . I also like the added cameras. iPad2 is worth it to me.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
DocGrundy said:
Looking to buy my son an IPad this week.

So my Poll is this.....

Would you purchase a new, original IPad for $100 less or the IPad 2 at regular price?

*revised* just noticed the $100 price diff :p

Get the ipad 2, it will last longer in terms on speed etc

Last edited:

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I already have an iPad 1 and have had it for 5 months and am not a big gaming/video user, so in my case, the whole need to update to the iPad 2 issue was dead in the water-no point. But, if I were getting an iPad today never having had one: a $100 price difference might not matter so much. I would possibly just go for the latest version. But if it were like a $200 price difference, I would go for an earlier version with more storage-that sort of thing. That's just me. But in my personal experience, I'm moving right along quite unaffected with the release of the iPad 2. I mean, I think it's great that it's out-it needs to be. But I wouldn't be doing anything different with it than what I'm doing with my 5 month old iPad 1 that is still in rather pristine condition doing all the tasks I need it to do. Comes down to individual use. A lot of people for example don't even bother with an iPad and get for example an e-reader with basic web browsing and e-mail capability. Either way though, both the 1 and 2 are great and your son will enjoy either!

Most reactions

Latest posts