Case, what are you using?

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Bigmerf, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Bigmerf

Bigmerf
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Well guys this is my first thread. I pulled up a few pages and did not see any discussions about cases or sleeves.I just wanted to know what you guys are using and if there are any good deals out there.I picked up my iPad yesterday at best buy but they were all sold out of cases. Does the iPad 2 fit in iPad 1 cases? You guys recommend any particular one? Please forgive me if this topic has been raised already but I could not find one. Thanks

2. tzimisce

tzimisce
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    You will find tons of discussions about cases and sleeves under "iPad Accessories" -- iPad Accessories - Apple iPad Forum

But to answer your question, given that the iPad 2 is 33% thinner than the iPad 1, I'd be very surprised if a case made for one could be used by the other. Also, different users have different requirements as well as personal tastes, so you need to think about what kind of case/sleeve you're specifically looking for, and then it'll be easier for people to share experience and recommendations.

3. dmaul1114

dmaul1114
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I'll have a blue Smart Cover and bought a 10.2" neoprene netbook sleeve at Target to put it in as well.

4. iPadOhana

iPadOhana
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Hot topic but a good one because they are so important to have...IMHO

I have the Saddleback Leather iPad case and LOVE IT!!...Try a few out and then you'll find the one you like the best...

5. Fifi1992

Fifi1992
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Case

That's what I did

6. Jman09

Jman09
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I did the same as some of the others and got the green smart case, and the nylon Incase iPad sleeve to also use with it. See how this will work for a while then might end up with another case down the road.

7. pikapp168

pikapp168
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Griffin portfolio plus sleeve.

8. obxboy

obxboy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I bought a booqpad Agenda, but have to wait until about March 25 till delivery. I put my gen 2 in the original Apple iPad case till the new one arrives. It's not a great fit, but for the way I use my iPad, it'll suffice for two weeks.

9. yvrgal

yvrgal
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I ordered the Zagg Case with Keyboard but they won't be shipping until the 31st. It's ok as I won't be ordering my iPad 2 until the 25th anyway.

10. bored2426

bored2426
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have a green smart cover and red sleeve. I'm also waiting for the invisible shield full body to come so the back of my iPad will be protected.