What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Case, what are you using?

Bigmerf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well guys this is my first thread. I pulled up a few pages and did not see any discussions about cases or sleeves.I just wanted to know what you guys are using and if there are any good deals out there.I picked up my iPad yesterday at best buy but they were all sold out of cases. Does the iPad 2 fit in iPad 1 cases? You guys recommend any particular one? Please forgive me if this topic has been raised already but I could not find one. Thanks

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You will find tons of discussions about cases and sleeves under "iPad Accessories" -- iPad Accessories - Apple iPad Forum

But to answer your question, given that the iPad 2 is 33% thinner than the iPad 1, I'd be very surprised if a case made for one could be used by the other. Also, different users have different requirements as well as personal tastes, so you need to think about what kind of case/sleeve you're specifically looking for, and then it'll be easier for people to share experience and recommendations.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll have a blue Smart Cover and bought a 10.2" neoprene netbook sleeve at Target to put it in as well.

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hot topic but a good one because they are so important to have...IMHO

I have the Saddleback Leather iPad case and LOVE IT!!...Try a few out and then you'll find the one you like the best...

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did the same as some of the others and got the green smart case, and the nylon Incase iPad sleeve to also use with it. See how this will work for a while then might end up with another case down the road.

obxboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a booqpad Agenda, but have to wait until about March 25 till delivery. I put my gen 2 in the original Apple iPad case till the new one arrives. It's not a great fit, but for the way I use my iPad, it'll suffice for two weeks.

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered the Zagg Case with Keyboard but they won't be shipping until the 31st. It's ok as I won't be ordering my iPad 2 until the 25th anyway.

bored2426

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a green smart cover and red sleeve. I'm also waiting for the invisible shield full body to come so the back of my iPad will be protected.

iPad2_fanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased a pink smart cover & a pink Hard Candy Bubble Sleeve case for my iPad 2! The Hard Candy case is made for the original iPad, but the iPad 2 fits perfectly. I travel ALOT, so needed a case that #1 is TSA approved AND I needed it before Monday, so I stopped in office depot & picked this up! Will send pics if you want! :)

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I folded and got the smart cover. There was nothing else at the Apple store and I didn't want to try and hunt anything further down. I also didn't know if I was going to get slapped with HST coming across the border, so spending an extra $60 on the case I wanted wasn't in the cards (Targus 360).

I'll finagle my way across the border and sneak it back in some day soon, but for now I've got my smart cover + my Targus netbook pursebagthing and it works fine. Allows me to cart along both of my iPads with me.

I wish there were a few more options at launch, but that's what you get for being an early adopter ;)

If anyone sees the Targus 360 at Best Buy, let me know!

Teerexx52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a smart cover and a slide into a slip case my wife designs and makes.:) Works great.

Most reactions

Latest posts