What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Case/Cover suggestions if I mainly read books?

shauneee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was just hoping to get some suggestions for covers. I've read around and looked at various cases but the main purpose of my buying an iPad will to use it as an ebook reader. There will be of course some games, movies, etc. but mainly books and you know what happens when you're reading sometimes you like to lay down, sometimes you're on your side, sitting up, at a desk. I was just wondering what you guys would recommend for a case!

Thanks

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just bought one of them hard plastic snap on backs to give it more strength against edge damage a Rocketfish metal stand and a soft case to carry it around. I have read they have fallen out of the Apple book cases so I sure don't want that happening to my iPad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Wasn't sure what you were talking about is why, and was kind of hoping to find out something new. There are a lot of covers out there. Sounds like you are talking about the Smart Cover though. I agree, it doesn't make the iPad easier to hold. I just take it off if it gets in the way.

I use one of the many back covers that are compatible with the Smart Cover. It makes for a better grip, but otherwise does nothing to improve the reading experience.

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I must admit I had already bought the Kindal Fire for pictures and to search the Net. when I was to lazy to mess with my laptops, then I thought why not get the iPad put videos on it, it's a great window for pictures and my videos also great for the Net.
iPad so far stays home so it is not really in harms way a lot.

Dungeondan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think for you the 360 leather case would wrok well. Its a leather (or leather like) case that the iPad clips into. It allows you to turn the iPad between landscape and portrait and has slots in the lid to prop the iPad up. Check Amazon, type in iPad or iPad2 porfolio case. That should bring up a fine selection. I got one for my girl friend and she loves it, very nicely priced.

Most reactions

Latest posts