What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Case, what are you using?

ThePhotog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I got my iPad2 I purchased two the griffen leather sleeve and the Apple black leather smarter cover. I took the Griffen back the next day. I really didn't think it was made very well and seemed like it would damage the iPad. I then bought one of those neoopream sp? nylon zippered cases for the Ipad 1 ( mostly ) because it's for a thicker iPod. I can't wait to see what becomes available.

ThePhotog

Cogunner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fire Fighter 43 said:

I had one of these for about 18hours. The design is superior however it is made of fake leather and it stinks so bad I found that it gave me terrible headache and sore throat. Ymmv.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fake leather stuff tends to give off a smell at first, you just need to put it somewhere to air out for a day or two before using it.

Jachrist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have cheapo neoprene slip cover that I bought at Five-below for three dollars and an Incase 10.2" netbook cover for now.

The "Smart" cover doesn't do it for me. Planning on a folio type case (griffin, targus, etc.)..... Like the one apple made for the original iPad. REALLY WISH THEY WOULD MAKE THEM FOR THE IPAD 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

obxboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I handled the Griffen portfolio at BB when I got my gen 2. I thought it was very flimsy and cheap and not worth $40. I'll continue to use my original Apple case till the booqpad Agenda arrives. When I got the Apple case last year (it shipped a couple of weeks after the iPad itself, remember?) I thought it was a ripoff at $40. A year later, it's holding up beautifully and protected my gen 1 wonderfully. The Griffen, though, looked ready to fall apart on the rack.

PamEnamel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.pameast.net
I just ordered the KHOMO Deluxe Case from Amazon. At just $14.99 it's a bargain and I got free shipping with amazon prime to boot. It claims to be intended for the ipad2. Even if it turns out not to be perfect, I won't be out much, and it will do while I take my time hunting for "the perfect case".

Here's a link to the product:
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004QXTI64]Amazon.com: KHOMO Deluxe Red Leather Case for NEW Apple iPad 2 (Newest Version March 2011 Release) Folio Stand: Electronics[/ame]

Only thing to make note of.... The title says "leather" and the description says "synthetic leather". But again, for $15 bucks, who cares? I could replace it four times if it wears out and still not equal the cost of Apple's leather smart cover.

I figure by the time my first cover wears out there will be TONS of new options out there at good prices. :)

Pam

Starcinder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered the Zagg Case with Keyboard but they won't be shipping until the 31st. It's ok as I won't be ordering my iPad 2 until the 25th anyway.

New to this thread, however, same as yvrgal...just waiting. Plan to add invisibleSHIELD to front and a skin to the back (whenever Zagg starts selling the Skins).:D

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A year later, it's holding up beautifully and protected my gen 1 wonderfully. The Griffen, though, looked ready to fall apart on the rack.

To be fair, most third-party vendor case accessories tend to be overpriced, considering they've been produced at low cost with cheap materials - you are paying for the marketing and packaging overheads, I suspect. (By comparison, you could get a handmade-to-order case using quality materials for as low as double the price of some of these.)

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered the Zagg Case with Keyboard but they won't be shipping until the 31st. It's ok as I won't be ordering my iPad 2 until the 25th anyway.

New to this thread, however, same as yvrgal...just waiting. Plan to add to front and a skin to the back (whenever Zagg starts selling the Skins).:D

Yup, I'm waiting for the shield too.

khaynes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I handled the Griffen portfolio at BB when I got my gen 2. I thought it was very flimsy and cheap and not worth $40. I'll continue to use my original Apple case till the booqpad Agenda arrives. When I got the Apple case last year (it shipped a couple of weeks after the iPad itself, remember?) I thought it was a ripoff at $40. A year later, it's holding up beautifully and protected my gen 1 wonderfully. The Griffen, though, looked ready to fall apart on the rack.

I also ordered the Booqpad. What color did you get?

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm hoping they have this case available for the 2 soon, I have one that's very similar for my iPad and, although it's a bit ugly and isn't as fancy as the Targus one, it works perfectly for what I need...

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Stand-Case-Gilsson-Best/dp/B004D7CY4Q/ref=sr_1_7?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1300058802&sr=1-7]Amazon.com: Apple iPad PU Leather Multi-Angle Adjustable Stand / Carrying Case for Apple iPad 3G Wifi 16GB 32GB 64GB made by Gilsson (Black) SPECIAL HOLIDAY PROMO PRICE. Guaranteed The Best Case Stand for Your iPad!: Computer & Accessories[/ame]

I bought the one I had because it had an elastic strap to hook it onto a headrest, but in reality I never used it so I don't know if I'd NEED to have it again.

It's between that or the Targus 360. But whether I'd be able to find the 360 any time soon is another story. We'll see.

Reaction score
Great iPad case/bag

The case/ bag you have to see or try is the leather iPad case at gadgetfreeway. It is a bag where the front flap opens up and folds back so you can use your iPad while you carry it. Great looking also, it looks like the Indiana Jones bag from the movie.

Most reactions