What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't update iPad

Tahmidul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad is running iOS 6 and it's a wifi only. I went to the settings, general and clicked software update. It keeps showing checking for update. I have my battery fully charged and 4GB space free. What can I do? Please help me. image.jpg

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
From the appearance of your screenshot, you have a jailbroken iPad. I've moved your post to the Hacking Forum where it will receive more attention.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
And just to add .......You should not update an iPad OTA through those settings with a Jailbroken device.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's as the others said, you cannot use the over-the-air (OTA) function on a jailbroken iPad. Fortunately, it just won't work (cause if it did, you'd mess up the iPad...).

If you want to upgrade your jailbroken iPad, you will have to use iTunes and you can only upgrade to iOS 7.1.1 - and that iOS is NOT jail breakable.

But, if you've decided you want to go back to stock, simply connect the iPad to iTunes and press the Upgrade button. Make a backup first so you don't lose your app data and other iPad settings!

iTunes will do its "magic" and when it is finished, your iPad will be running iOS 7.1.1.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts